19 Jan 2015

Yup: a good one.

"Y'know that has been a good day Tanya."

Calming down has taken until now. Health anxiety is this time an added ingredient to the roller coaster of emotions always affective when starting my 'foreign' wanderings. Calm down and slow down I most definitely have to do. My body is giving me suitably clear indications (tiredness plus bits of aching where aching is not really supposed to be.) This happens when I do too much driving, walking, or whatever. I notice this year I aint gonna be doin 'stuff' the same as previous years.
Today however; has shown all is far from doom gloom and worry.

DODGY TICKER MAN & DOG are staying here in Spain and are gonna enjoy it.

'Zafra': a pleasant enough Aire at an edge of town showground for all things agricultural. This was where the day started. A late start for me too as once again I got caught out by my clever satellite signal clock which, and you would think I'd have learned by now, always reverts back to UK time no matter how you set it. 

"Aha! That's why everyone else is gone Tanya. Tis gone nine not eight".

'Time anxiety' entered mind at this point intent solely upon firing up an unhealthy dose of adrenalin fueled panic. The trick is recognizing anxiety's early arrival and then dealing with it quickly. Much like the unwanted salesman at the front door. The skill is to send them packing straight away before they get a foot in your door. Now of course I'm lucky. I'm retired and can afford to send 'Time anxiety' packing. Time is not my boss any more. Poor mind. There it was retreating in confusion and grumbling in utter dismay upon reading the new A4 sheet of totally opposite instructions. 

Instructions such as; "Don't matter I'm late. Is not a problem. In fact I think that today I'll go even slower. Lets start by having a long slow breakfast. Off you go now 'Mind team'. Go and re-organize. I know you can do it because you've done so well all these past years with the old panic and rush instructions".

We finally leave 'Zafra' with Mrs Sat nav set for the 'now redundant' main road rather than the super duper motorway. What a wonderfully relaxing drive. All the way to Seville, stopping to walk up to 'Castillo de Santa Olalla del Cala' on the way. We were passed by one car and I saw two tractors going the other way. All the traffic was whizzing down the new motorway leaving this former main road, which was in excellent condition by the way, delightfully winding its way to Seville criss crossing the motorway every now and then.

Mrs sat nav then faultlessly guided us through and round the busy Seville traffic to a welcoming Aire situated in a small Marina at a suburb called 'Gelves'. Literally we were parked in among the 'on dry land' boats with the 'Rio Guadaquiver' flowing by just behind us. Shower, toilet and cafe on site, other English folk to talk to; What's not to like?

We were very quickly settled with tea brewed and Tanya tucking into her evening meal. Yup. We both agreed the day had indeed been a good one.


No comments: